Monday 7 January 2013

Sound used in our opening horror sequence:

Sound used in our opening horror sequence:


I don't think we should use a nursery rhyme because it's very popular and predictable, I think by using different sound effects to get away from the norm would make the opening sequence unique and individual. Through the opening sequence being unique and individual I think it would be more popular to the audience because they would want to know what's going to happen but because it being far from the norm it will be hard to guess. Also there wouldn't be a point in our group using demonic laughs because it wouldn't suit our plot.

I think our opening sequence should consist of a flurry of strings and sinister music because they would work well together to build and create tension on the audience also it would suit our genre very well with our plot. Through using sinister music it will foreshadow something is going to happen, therefore making the audience want to watch the rest of the film.

An example of a soundtrack I would consider to use in my horror opening sequence would be the one I've put a link to below because it builds tension very well and it is free to use (license free):

http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/index.html?isrc=USUAN1100710

No comments:

Post a Comment